Monday, October 24, 2011

Burlap Candle Holders

Today I made these adorable candle holders. It really was an experimental thing at first but I think they turned out adorable! I will definitely be keeping any glass jars coming out of my fridge to turn into these adorable candle holders for my wedding coming May 2012. Without further adieu lets get to the DIY (do it yourself-but you probably already knew that)

Step 1. Save the glass jars coming out of your fridge that used to hold your condiments etc. Run them through your dishwasher or hand wash them. If there is a label still holding strong then soak it in water to loosen the stickiness. Then use something to scrape it off (I used a plastic kitchen thingy I have for scraping messes off my counters) leaving none of the label but its ok if the sticky stuff remains.













Step 2. Cut a small circle of brown or white felt and about 15 circles of burlap all the same size. The first circle of burlap you will pinch the 4 sides in then hot glue the tip and stick it standing straight up in the center of your felt circle (it wont stay straight up but just do the best you can, the important thing is that its in the center).




Step 3. The remainder of the burlap circles you will fold in half and then in half again. Hot glue the tip and stick it as close to the base of the first burlap piece as possible. Continue this until your burlap flower is full to your liking. I think it took me about 10-11 burlap circles, but always best to have a few extras than need one in the right size a little to late.






















Step 4. Cut a strip of burlap to fit around the jar and cover up whatever stickiness is left. Hot glue the first end down and then pull the burlap tight and hot glue the other end. Put hot glue in a circle right at the seam and press on your burlap flower and TA DA! Enjoy!




I also made my own wedding garter but silly me forgot to take pictures as I worked so I cant give you the DIY. Anyone needing a cute rustic wedding garter? Buy the materials and I will DIY it for you so I can take pictures to post the DIY on here. Here is how my garter turned out I love it!



Food.Exercise.Life

God Bless, I love you!



No comments:

Post a Comment